Soothing Bedroom Color Schemes: Looking for color inspiration to refresh your bedroom?
See these relaxing paint colors and color palettes to inspire sweet dreams!
Is your bedroom is a little lackluster, maybe it’s a bit dated and needs a little sprucing up?
Change your color scheme and infuse your bedroom with new color accents and a new wall color!
It’s so important to create a relaxing oasis in your bedroom so you can recharge your batteries after a long day of work!
Warm or Cool Color Scheme
Decide on whether you want a warm or cool color scheme in your bedroom.
A warm color scheme is good for south facing rooms that get warm natural light.
A cool color scheme works with north facing rooms that receive cool northern light.
Warm color schemes are achieved with orange, yellow and pink paint colors, warm wood tones (blond wood) and warm metallics.
Blue, plum, and green paint colors as well as cool metallics, cool wood tones (gray, black wood) will create a cool color scheme.
How to test paint colors in your home with zero mess and zero cleanup!
Samplize Peel & Stick Paint Samples are an easy, mess-free way to test paint colors
Accurate colors – large 9″ x 14″ paint samples with two coats of real paint, guaranteeing 100% color accuracy
Peel & Stick – and repositionable
Quick – samples are delivered the next day!
All the top paint brands – Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams, PPG, Farrow & Ball
Find The Perfect Soothing Bedroom Paint Colors
First decide on the mood and design style you want your bedroom to have.
What is the best color for your bedroom?
The best bedroom colors are the ones that make you feel the best and create the design style that you love!
- soothing, calm, relaxing
- comfort, cozy
- lively, energetic, playful
- moody, dramatic
Whether you prefer a dreamy greige hue like Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray , light and airy whites like Sherwin Williams Pure White, or soothing gray like Sherwin Williams Reflection these feel-good favorites provide a tranquil retreat.
Grey Bedroom Color Ideas:
SW Agreeable Gray is an elegant neutral light grey that mimics the color of early morning and pebbles on a beach!
Design tip: use a Samplize peel & stick paint sample of SW Agreeable Gray to test this color.
You can easily move it around your room, it’s mess free and delivered right to your front door!
Gray paint colors also provide a restful backdrop for pattern and texture.
One of my favorite gray paint colors is Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray- here it is in my guest bedroom:
Shop this bedroom! Click on the images below:
Need help with furniture layout, choosing paint colors, room design, selecting furniture or updating your home?
I’m a Designer and True Color Expert® – I can help!
Email me at [email protected] for more info about my online interior design consults!
I’d love to work with you!
Blue Paint Color Interior Design Inspiration
See these blue bedroom paint color ideas pictured below:
Add Color with Metallic Finishes
You bedroom color scheme isn’t complete without metallics!
Pick your favorite metallic finish for your lighting, furniture pulls/knobs, door knobs and curtain hardware.
- Brushed nickel, and black finish will create a cool color scheme.
- Brass, bronze and gold will create a warm color scheme.
Bedroom Furniture Color Ideas
A bedroom color scheme must include the color of your furniture: bed, nightstands, dressers, bench ect.
Popular furniture colors are:
- blond, bleached and white wood stain
- light grey stain
- medium toned brown stains like walnut
- white painted wood
- black painted wood
Bedroom furniture is obviously one of the first places to start when designing your bedroom.
Keep these colors in mind when selecting new pieces.
Design tip: Do not buy matching bedroom furniture sets! That’s a dated look that isn’t popular today.
On trend bedroom furniture looks use pieces that combine a upholstered bed, upholstered bed and upholstered accent chairs with wood nightstands and wood dressers.
Mix up the stain colors and pant color in the furniture to create a layered, stylish look.
Keep the colors cohesive, but not matchy-matchy, for a pulled together look.
If you have a matching bedroom furniture set I recommend breaking it up.
Add the bed to a guest room and buy a new upholstered bed or wood bed in a different stain/color.
A metal bed will also update your bedroom and break up the matching bedroom set look.
Alternatively you can replace your nightstands with new ones in a color that works with your new color scheme.
Lastly you can remove a matchy-matchy dresser or two by adding a new organizational system to your closet and storing the majority of your clothes there.
This may also open up room in your bedroom for a small seating area!
Bedroom Color Scheme Tips
Is your bedroom color scheme blah? Or a hodgepodge of colors?
Don’t feel stuck with your existing bedroom color scheme!
It’s easy to switch up your space with these quick design tips for creating a cohesive mix of colors.
- Start with a new beautiful rug or duvet cover set that coordinates with your wall color or wallpaper.
- Repeat the colors that are in the rug (or duvet cover set) throughout your bedroom.
- Be sure to use different shades to create an interesting look!
- Add a few new accent pillows for your bed in those colors.
- Repeat with a new throw blanket in a color that’s in your area rug.
- Layer with decorative accents like a vase, decorative accessories, jewelry box that coordinate color wise.
- Use the The 60-30-10 Color Rule to create a balanced bedroom color scheme.
These blue and white antelope throw pillows are a favorite way of mine to add pattern to a white and blue bedroom:
Click on the images below to shop this bedroom:
This blue and white duvet/ sham set is a beautiful starting point to creating a cohesive color scheme!
Repeat the colors in it with accent pieces like art, area rug, curtains, throw pillows, and bedroom decor like a tray, fresh flowers.
Bedroom with blue, beige and white color scheme:
More Color Scheme Tips:
Soothing bedroom color schemes are also created with
- your flooring – white oak hardwood is a big trend right now. Beige wall to wall area carpet will also create a soothing bedroom color palette
- layers of soft bed linens in cloud white
- a bed frame in a light white/blond wood or upholstered fabric
- soft furnishings like upholstered accent chairs – creamy white boucle accent chairs are a big trend right now and will make your bedroom feel calm and soothing
- lighting -be sure to use soft white lightbulbs and put your ceiling light and table lamps on dimmers
Anyone can create a restful, peaceful bedroom retreat with these color and design ideas.
Creating a gorgeous bedroom that reflects your style will make your home feel more like you!
Adding your personality and interests will create a haven that you’ll love to spend time in.
Remember – all of our rooms today have multiple uses. The bedroom is no exception!
Function is very important in design – so go ahead and create a beautiful bedroom space to read in and watch TV in!
However do not create a home office space in your bedroom!
It can create a cluttered, stressful environment that’s best reserved for a separate room.
Soothing Bedroom Color Schemes
More Home Design Ideas + Inspiration
- Small Bedroom Ideas To Maximize Space & Style
- Restful, Stylish Bedroom Refresh Ideas
- How to Make A Mood Board For Interior Design
- New Bedroom Updates – Juju Hat Wall Decor, Duvet Cover and Lamps
- Stylish Teen Holiday Bedroom Ideas
- Lake House Bedroom Paint Color Ideas, Furniture & Decor Ideas
- How to create a relaxing bedroom retreat – 11 tips
- Elegant Blue and White Christmas Bedroom Decor Ideas
- A Dreamy Neutral Bedroom Design – Gray, White and Blush Pink Color Palette
- Top 50 Bestselling Paint Colors At Sherwin Williams
- Agreeable Gray – Undertones & Coordinating Colors
- Benjamin Moore Simply White
- Behr Blank Canvas Color Of The Year 2023