Picking out a faucet can be so overwhelming with all the finishes and styles to choose from! Don’t worry – I’ve got you covered!
Learn How To Pick A New Faucet To Meet Your Needs & Your Style and & see these helpful faucet design ideas for inspiration!
Plus I’m sharing new gorgeous kitchen and bathroom faucet collections that have been just launched!
There are so many different styles, designs and finishes of faucets on the market that it can be really difficult and overwhelming to choose the perfect one for your kitchen or bathroom!
Today, I’m taking the confusion out of the selection process! I’m giving you some fabulous tips on how to narrow down the choices to select the perfect faucet of your dreams!
Isn’t it fun to select a faucet that’s new on the design scene for your home?! I think so!!
Here are some quick tips when selecting a faucet:
- Make sure the style fits the style of your kitchen or bathroom. If your kitchen is traditional – don’t select a modern or industrial style faucet.
- The current on-trend faucet finishes are: black, brass and nickel.
- Think of cleaning when selecting the style of your faucet: 2 handled faucets require more cleaning than 1 handle faucets and no touch faucets!
- When updating a new faucet for your bathroom make sure your sink pop up stopper match. For example if you buy a new brass bathroom sink faucet, your old nickel stopper won’t match. You’ll want to buy a brass pop up stopper to match the brass faucet.
This chic faucet has clean lines and the following features
- Transitional style
- Kitchen pull down feature
- Water efficient
This beautiful single handle kitchen faucet has these features:
- Updated classic style
- Kitchen pull down feature
- Water efficient
Here are my thoughts on faucets from a design standpoint:
– I love this satin black finish bathroom faucet! Black faucets are a huge trend right now so if you’re looking to amp up the style in your kitchen or bath, go with this satin black color!
– Chrome, stainless steel and brushed nickel are timeless finishes that will never go out of style.
– You can mix and match the finishes in your bathroom and kitchen, so you don’t have to match your faucet with your cabinet handles! Mixing metallics is another big home trend in design and decor right now!
How To Pick A Faucet & Faucet Design Ideas!
1. Design Style options
- Transitional – a combination of modern and traditional styles.
- Contemporary – more modern and sleek in style.
- Traditional – timeless style that goes with everything!
2. Finish/Color options
- Brushed nickel
- Stainless Steel
- Satin black
3. Mounting options
- Single Hole – has only one handle for both hot and cold water. If you select this type you can cover up other holes in your countertop with a deck plate.
- Two hole – can be a bridge faucet or a faucet with a soap dispenser or side sprayer.
- Three hole – one hole for the faucet spout and two for the handles: one for the cold water and hot water.
- Four hole – this takes up the most counter space. It’s composed of a hole for the faucet, two holes for the handles and one hole for the side sprayer or soap dispenser.
- Wall mount – leaves lots of counter space since it’s mounted on the wall! Great for big pots and pans.
- Deck plate – covers holes in a countertop when switching to a faucet that requires less number of holes.
- Pot filler – This is generally placed on the wall above the stove. It has a swinging arm that folds back to the wall when not in use and out above the stove to fill large pots right on the stove! Convenient and saves your back and neck!
- Bar faucet – This is a smaller faucet designed for a small bar sink.
4. Handle options
- Single handle – mounted onto the faucet for more space saving! Operates both hot and cold water.
- Two handles – have separate handles for hot and cold water. Handles are mounted in a deck plate or right into countertop.
5. Spout options
- Standard spout – usually 3-5 inches higher than the countertop
- High arc spout – provide more working space over the sink. They are usually 8-10 inches higher than the countertop.
6. Sprayer options on kitchen faucets
- Side sprayers – require an extra hole as they are mounted onto the countertop beside the faucet.
- Pull down sprayers – both the Vaughn and the Draper kitchen faucets have convenient pull down sprayers that are integrated with the faucet!
PLEASE PIN THIS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
You may also like:
An Elegant Kitchen Coffee Bar Idea for Fall
10 Budget Friendly & Creative Kitchen Organization Ideas
More Design and Decor Ideas:
- Modern Classic Kitchen Design
- Your Guide to Choosing Cabinets For Your Kitchen & Bathroom
- Online Design Services & Color Advice
- Light and Bright Spring Kitchen Decor Ideas
- Elegant White & Gold Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas
- How To Arrange Furniture With An Open Concept Floor Plan
- How To Arrange Furniture In A Small Living Room
- How To Make Your Kitchen Bright and Cozy For Fall
- Top 50 Bestselling Paint Colors At Sherwin Williams
- How to Make A Mood Board For Interior Design
- 5 Best White Trim Paint Colors
- How to Pick Paint Colors With Confidence!
- Resilient Flooring Guide: Everything You Need To Know!
- Modern Classic Living Room – Design &Styling Ideas
- Small Bedroom Ideas To Maximize Space & Style
Such gorgeous faucets and great tips, Heather! Love that kitchen with its patterned walls and open shelving.
Thank you so much Shauna – I’m so glad you like these faucets too!
Such great tips! Finding the right faucet for your kitchen and your needs is such an important part of the kitchen!
Amy Anderson says
Now that I’m a homeowner, I’m a sucker for a nice looking faucet! I bookmarked their site 😀
I agree – a beautiful faucet is so fun to have! Thanks for bookmarking their site!
Jennifer Lifford says
Thanks so much for all the tips! It’s amazing how much style a nice facet can add to the space. Pinning this for our bathroom remodel!
I agree Jennifer! They do add a ton of style to a kitchen and bathroom! Thanks for pinning!
Amy Huntley says
I love all of these ideas! So many different options that are simple and beautiful!
Thanks so much Amy – so glad you like these gorgeous faucets!
It’s crazy what a difference an updated faucet can make! Love these tips!
Yay – I’m so glad you like my design tips and these beautiful faucets!! They do make a world of difference!