Learn how to make your kitchen bright and cozy for fall with these easy decorating tips!
Don’t you dread how shorter days and cloudy fall weather can make your kitchen feel so dark and gloomy?
Don’t worry! You can make your kitchen look brighter and more inviting with these 9 simple fall styling ideas!
Bonus! Don’t miss the 29 gorgeous fall home tours, linked at the end of the post, to browse more amazing fall home decor ideas!
Today I’m sharing 9 easy fall kitchen decorating ideas- simple tips to add a bright, cozy fall touch to your home!
PLEASE PIN THIS FOR LATER!
How to make your kitchen bright and cozy for fall – 9 Ways!
- Create a fall decorated tray for your kitchen island.
- Light some candles. For fall I love autumn scented candles with notes of leather, wood and oak. My Voluspa Suede Blanc candle has such a sophisticated, clean suede and ‘white’ scent – it’s amazing!
- Add fall florals and stems to vases and ginger jars.
- Layer your host dining chairs, in the breakfast nook, with fall accent pillows. I added these stunning gold velvet pillows.
- Decorate your countertops with a fall scented soap set, framed fall artwork and wood and marble cutting boards leaned against the backsplash.
- Switch out the runner rug in front of your sink area for a fall neutral look. I love my light gray, charcoal and white runner rug – it’s such a gorgeous pattern and so soft!
- Add battery operated candles in candle votives to your kitchen sink window ledge, kitchen countertops and on your dining table. I’m obsessed with these flickering flame votives! They look like real flames!
- Add a dimmer switch to your kitchen island pendants and breakfast nook dining table chandelier. I love dimming our kitchen lights during mealtime on fall evenings for extra cozy vibes!
- Add a tall faux tree or two to your kitchen! Greenery always makes a room feel cozier and more inviting. The texture and pattern of the leaves creates interest and style. For fall add a faux olive tree, or fiddle leaf fig tree.
Click on the images below to shop my furniture and fall kitchen!
Fall Tray Idea For The Kitchen Island
When it comes to fall kitchen decorating, the first place I refresh is the top of my kitchen island with a tray filled with beautiful fall accents and scents!
My FAVORITE tray is this affordable, chic gold and white marble tray!
I love that it has handles so I can move it easily when I need more countertop space for meal prep.
Now let’s talk about this gold and white ginger jar that I’m obsessed with! (It also comes in many colors and patterns!)
It’s such a stunning way to decorate your kitchen island and countertops!
I filled it with beautiful buff colored peonies from Michaels, some amber colored berries and faux leafy stems.
Then I added some faux white roses to an amber-gold candle votive that I had in my decor closet (the place where I keep all my seasonal decor items!)
I love repurposing items – votive holders make such amazing vases for little bouquets!
I kept my white glass bead garland from my summer tray and my Voluspa Suede Blanc candle – the scent really is divine! It’s a soft, sophisticated clean ‘white’ scent!
Click on the images below to shop my furniture and fall kitchen decor and new rug!
Fall Hand Soap Set For The Kitchen Sink
I picked up this pretty olive scented soap set, shown in the picture below, at HomeSense.
The olive green label and olive scent is a beautiful nod to autumn!
Did you know that the beginning of olive harvest is in the fall?!!
My other favorite soap sets, that come with a gorgeous caddy, I buy from here. The labeling and scents are incredibly stunning!
I love switching up my kitchen sink hand soap sets for the season! It’s such a simple, inexpensive accent that I use every day!
Fall Fresh Greenery Kitchen Decor
I love cutting a few fresh tree branches to add to my kitchen decor – there is nothing like the look and scent of fresh greenery!
Like these beautiful sage green tree branches I found on a local hiking trail near our home.
Mixing fresh tree branches with white roses from the grocery store makes such an affordable, beautiful floral arrangement!
I like to display my greenery arrangments in beautiful ginger jars – I add the stems to a drinking glass filled with water, to keep the branches alive, then place that in the ginger jar.
I also use glass vases that add sparkle or a pretty white ceramic planters to make my kitchen look cozy and inviting!
I’ve got my eye on this stunning white porcelain vase right now, so gorgeous!
Do you need help with a furniture layout plan, decorating your home or picking paint colors? See my online decorating & paint color services and client reviews! Email me at [email protected] for more info!
Kitchen Breakfast Nook Decor Ideas For Fall
Adding these soft gold velvet lumbar pillows to the host chairs at our dining table adds such a pretty shimmer and loads of visual softness to our breakfast nook!
I love how they make the space feel cohesive layered with my brass and crystal chandelier and kitchen island pendant lights.
The soft elegant golds mixed with my white dinnerware and gray dining table is such a cozy, fresh look for fall.
Using metallics in your kitchen will make it look brighter, especially on gloomy fall days!
Click on the images below to shop my furniture and fall kitchen decor!
A Simple Fall Tablescape
This tablescape idea is so incredibly easy!
I added a faux eucalyptus garland down the center of our dining table and a vase of faux floral and berry stems, then added a few velvet pumpkins!
Check out my easy DIY crystal pumpkins – they are one of my most popular fall posts!
So quick and easy!!
Making your kitchen cozy and bright for fall isn’t complicated!
Layer your favorite fall hues, botanicals and metallics with the shimmer of candlelight. Your kitchen will be bright and cheery even as the days get shorter this season!
Click on the images below to shop my furniture and fall kitchen!
I hope you enjoyed these decorating tips on How To Make Your Kitchen Bright and Cozy For Fall and seeing my fall kitchen & breakfast nook space!
…..and if you enjoyed these design tips please subscribe and get your FREE Beginner’s Guide to Interior Design and Decorating!
On A Budget? Here are some ways to decorate for fall on a budget!
- Cut lots of branches- they’re free!
- Add faux greenery garlands to your trays, fireplace mantle and tables.
- Add layers and texture with accent pillows, candle holders and faux florals.
- Display fall fruit like pears, and plums in bowls on your kitchen countertop and island.
- Use inexpensive pashminas as throws over your chairs and sofa. They can also double as table runners – place two along the width of your dining table!
See More Amazing Design & Decor Ideas:
- How To Decorate a Cozy Family Room For Fall – 5 Ways
- How To Arrange Furniture With An Open Concept Floor Plan
- Top 50 Bestselling Paint Colors At Sherwin Williams
- How to Pick Paint Colors With Confidence!
- 6 Fall Porch Decorating Ideas To Celebrate Autumn!
- Our Dark to White Kitchen Remodel Before and After
29 MORE GORGEOUS FALL DECORATING IDEAS:
Monday Fall Home Tours
Tuesday Fall Home Tours
Wednesday Fall Home Tours