Fireplace mantel reveal: See the before and after pictures of our brown wood fireplace mantel makeover with paint. Learn how to paint a wood mantel in just 3 easy steps! The DIY paint tutorial and supply list is included. This is such a quick and easy DIY home improvement project.
My Fireplace Mantel Reveal // A Before and After Makeover with Paint!
One of the things that I’ve been wanting to change in our home is the color of our brown wood fireplace mantel. The dark orangey wood color is too drab for the bright airy look I’m aiming for in my living room design.
So painting our wood fireplace mantel white was at the top of our to-do list.
Here’s our brown wood fireplace mantel. It’s so boring with this orangey-brown stain and the undertones of this stain clash with the rest of the room.
See how we updated our windows and replace these dated brown woven shades with beautiful white faux wood blinds!
Now it’s fresh and white and lovely!
….and here’s what our fireplace looks like now! We also painted the tile white!
This post may contain affiliate links. There is no additional charge to you, you just get to check out some beautiful things I love!
Here is how I painted our wood mantel:
- I used 1 can of this white enamel semi-gloss paint
- paint brush – I love this one because it has a short handle!
- small high density foam paint roller and tray
- paint cup with magnetic paint brush holder
- 220 grit sandpaper
- tack cloth
- painter’s tape – this is my favorite one!
Tutorial How to paint a wood fireplace mantel:
2. Remove all dust and debris with a tack cloth. A tack cloth is a tacky material picks up debris before and after sanding. It gives a smooth and blemish-free finish so don’t miss this step! It’s reusable so keep it for your next painting job!
3. Paint the mantel with 3 coats of paint white enamel semi-gloss paint using this paint brush, paint cup with magnetic paint brush holder and this small high density foam paint roller and tray. Let each coat dry 24 hours.
What a difference! This white paint makeover really makes my mantel decor look gorgeous!
Here’s the ‘Before’ and ‘After’ again……What do you think? Do you love the ‘after’ version as much as I do???
How to paint a wood fireplace mantel:
PLEASE PIN THIS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
*** GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE PAINT COLOR TRACKING SHEET! ***
Keep track of all the paint colors you use and where you’ve used them!
No more forgetting what brand, paint color name or paint sheen you used or where you used it!
Enter the information in the form below and it will be emailed to you immediately.
Just it print off and keep with your paint supplies! So convenient and useful!