DIY Beaded Sunburst Mirror Tutorial – Beautiful Wall Decor Idea!
See how I repurposed a ceiling medallion and made my own DIY Beaded Sunburst Mirror!
This is such a beautiful home decor and gift idea!
Learn how to make this gorgeous DIY Sunburst Mirror using a ceiling medallion and beads!
Includes a step by step tutorial with all instructions and supply list.
Perk up a wall in any room with this bead and paper craft idea.
Customize it with other colors too!
DIY Beaded Sunburst Mirror Supply List
Click on the links below to shop the supplies:
- 12 inch craft ring
- 5 inch round mirror or use a larger mirror
- Crystal rondelle beads – I used grey color
- 14mm shell beads
- elastic beading cord
- 10 inch ceiling medallion
- 2 sheets of Scrapbook Paper
- Hot glue gun
- 1 sheet white printer paper
- Command strips to hang the mirror
DIY Beaded Sunburst Mirror Tutorial
1. With the white printer paper make two templates for your sunburst rays.
Make one large template and one smaller template.
I just eyeballed the width and shape I wanted.
The large one is 4 inches long and the small one is 3 inches long.
3. Using the templates, trace them onto the scrapbook paper to create several large and small rays. Just trace around the outside edge of each template.
For double sided scrapbook paper – use both the back and front of the scrapbook paper to alternate the colors/patterns.
4. Cut out each sunburst ray. ( I made 20 large rays and 20 small rays).
5. Fold each paper ray lengthwise to give each ray some dimension so they do not lay flat. You can see what I mean in the picture below and in the first picture in this post.
6. Lay each ray around the ceiling medallion, in the manner you like, alternating small ones with the large ones, so you get an idea of how many to make.
10. Attach mirror with hot glue onto the ceiling medallion so that it is centered too.
11. String the crystal beads onto the elastic beading cord.
Add as many crystals as is required to go around the outer edge of your mirror. (I used 73 crystals).
Tie the elastic cord in a tight knot and cut the ends. Gently pull one bead over the knot so that it is hidden.
12. Attach string of crystal beads, using hot glue, around outside of mirror. You do not need to glue down every bead…I glued the strand down in about 7 places.
That’s it you are done!
This was so fun to make!!!
I hope you enjoy your one-of-a-kind DIY sunburst mirror!!
You may also like:
- Small Bedroom Ideas To Maximize Space & Style
- Inexpensive Ways to Make Your Home Look Expensive!
- How To Arrange Furniture In A Small Living Room
- New Bedroom Updates Juju Hat Wall Decor, Duvet Cover and Lamps
- Repose Gray – Undertones & Coordinating Colors
- Gorgeous Accent Mirrors – The Most Beautiful Styles & How To Hang Them
- How to Create a Mirror Gallery Wall
- How to Pick Paint Colors With Confidence!
- DIY Wall Art Idea using Marbled Paper
- Soothing Bedroom Color Schemes
- 5 Design Tricks To Brighten A Dark Room
- 5 Decorating Mistakes That Make Your Home Look Cluttered
- How To Identify Paint Color Undertones – To Choose The Right Color