How to paint a clear glass vase – easy DIY home decor project to hold flowers. This DIY painted vase has a high end look and inexpensive to make!
Easy and Inexpensive DIY Painted Vase
– White paint oil based. The reason I used oil paint is because it’s more durable than latex. I used paint in a can, not spray paint, since it’s easier to get to the bottom of my tall vase and covers better than spray paint does.
– Paper towels.
– Wash and dry the inside and outside of vase.
– In a ventilated area, pour white oil paint into vase: pour paint down the inside of the vase in several places to cover the vase.
– Once paint pools at the bottom (this won’t take long) turn vase upside down and allow the paint to run back towards you to cover the areas that were missed, so that the entire vase is covered.
– Place vase upside down on several paper towels in a ventilated area. Leave vase like this until the paint stops running out of the vase. This took about 1 day.
– When the paint is no longer running down the sides, turn the vase right side up and let dry. This took 2 days.
– When the vase is dry you can insert branches or flowers as desired.