How To Decorate With Color Of The Year Pantone Ultra Violet
See all of the gorgeous ways you can update your home with this latest color trend.
Learn how add instant style to your spaces and rock this new color trend with stunning room ideas, paint colors, decor accents and more!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to Decorate With Color Of The Year Pantone Ultra Violet!
Well friends, we are starting off the new year with some stunning color inspo!
I know you all love to learn about color, new color trends and how to use them in your home (isn’t it fun to see what the new decor trends are each year?!!!)…. so I think you’ll really love this post!
The color experts at the Pantone Color Institute have spoken! Pantone’s Ultra Violet is the Color of The Year!
The color gurus have arrived at this color after analyzing and researching design, film, food, travel, sports and entertainment – there is a LOT of thinking and thought that goes into choosing the color of the year!
When I first saw this color, to be honest I didn’t really care for it as an interior color.
But I do love it outdoors in my flower gardens!
This is the exact color of my beautiful irises, delphiniums and annual flowering plants.
We will be seeing a lot of this color in fashion, beauty and decor and I’ll show you how you can add it to your homes in a beautiful way!
This is how Ultra Violet is described:
A dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade, PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.
Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the institute, said: “We are living in a time that requires inventiveness and imagination.
It is this kind of creative inspiration that is indigenous to Pantone 18-3838 ultra violet, a blue-based purple that takes our awareness and potential to a higher level.”
From exploring new technologies and the greater galaxy, to artistic expression and spiritual reflection, intuitive ultra violet lights the way to what is yet to come.”
How to update your home with this fresh violet color:
1. Paint Colors
How to test paint colors in your home with zero mess and zero cleanup!
Samplize Peel & Stick Paint Samples are an easy, mess-free way to test paint colors.
Accurate colors – made with two coats of real paint, guaranteeing 100% color accuracy
Large 9″ x 14″ paint samples – easy way to view large swaths of color on your walls
Peel & Stick – and repositionable too!
Quick – samples are delivered the next day!
Available in every Benjamin Moore | Sherwin Williams | PPG | Farrow & Ball paint color
Tips for Using Peel & Stick Color Samples
- Move your sample around the room to see how the hue looks on each wall.
- Wrap around edges to understand how the color looks in light and dark corners. This is a great way to view the color from multiple angles and in different lighting all at once.
5. Accent Chairs
I saw these at HomeGoods – I think they are gorgeous! What a beautiful way to introduce a pop of color into the living room!
6. Area Rugs and Runners
7. Decorative Accents
Decorative Box – HomeGoods
Ultra Violet Geodes at HomeGoods
Geode and Crystal Bottle at HomeGoods
8. Plants to decorate your home inside or outside with Color of the year Pantone Ultra Violet
PLEASE PIN THIS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
How do you feel about this color of the year Pantone Ultra Violet?
Let me know in the comment section below!
More Design and Decor Ideas:
- Behr Blank Canvas Color Of The Year 2023
- How to Make A Mood Board For Interior Design
- Paint Tips – How To Pick The Perfect Paint Sheen
- 5 Best White Trim Paint Colors
- Agreeable Gray – Undertones & Coordinating Colors
- How to Mix Design Styles So They Don’t Clash!
- How to Make Your Home Look Cohesive and Pulled Together – The Right Way!
- Sherwin Williams Oceanside: Color Of The Year 2018
- Design Tip // The 60-30-10 Color Rule
- 7 Ways To Make A Small Room Feel Larger Instantly!
- Top 50 Bestselling Paint Colors At Sherwin Williams
- How To Arrange Furniture In A Long Living Room
- Restful, Stylish Bedroom Refresh Ideas