A moist and delicious hazelnut and Nutella pumpkin bread with crunchy hazelnuts and creamy Nutella filling.
Bonus – it uses canned pumpkin and is really easy to make!
This yummy sweet bread is a fabulous idea for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
Plus it’s perfect for fall as the weather begins to cool down.
Hazelnut and Nutella Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This isn’t just your average, run-of-the-mill pumpkin bread (although that’s delicious too!)!!
This is a ‘coffee-shop style’ pumpkin bread which is so tasty and super easy to make!
If you’re a chocolate lover like me – you will LOVE this recipe!!
Make it this weekend – your family will love it, like mine does!
Do you love Nutella? We do!!
There is always a jar of this chocolaty, nutty goodness in my pantry – my boys love it on toast and bagels!
I thought I’d try it with my standard pumpkin bread recipe…then thought, what the heck….. Nutella is made from hazelnuts, so I’ll add some hazelnuts as a crunchy topping!
This Pumpkin bread is the perfect ‘slice-to go breakfast’ for those busy mornings! Yummy with a hot cup of coffee!
If you have a mid-afternoon snack attack, this bread will curb your hunger!
Need a little after dinner dessert? ……A piece of this Nutella hazelnut bread will be delicious with a cup of tea!
Recipe for Hazelnut Pumpkin Bread with Nutella Cream Filling:
2 cups All Purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
1. In mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, ground ginger, baking soda and cloves. Mix together and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat together brown sugar and shortening until well combined.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Add pumpkin and milk. Mix well.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients stirring until just mixed together.
6. Pour half of pumpkin bread batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Add a layer of Nutella – just enough to cover the pumpkin bread mixture.
8. Sprinkle on 1/4 of the chopped hazelnuts.
9. Add the rest of the pumpkin bread batter on top.
10. Top with remaining chopped hazelnuts.
11. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55-60 minutes.
12. Remove from pan and let cool before slicing.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
PIN IT TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!
More Fall Ideas:
- 20 Tempting Fall Soup Recipes For Lunch & Dinner
- 20 Delicious Fall Instant Pot Recipes That Are Quick To Prepare!
- Fall Kitchen Decor Ideas – Kitchen Island, Countertops and More!
- 20 Delicious KitchenAid Mixer Recipes
- 6 Fall Porch Decorating Ideas To Celebrate Autumn!
- Homemade Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
- 20 Best Hot Chocolate Recipes To Try
- What to Decorate, Make and Do in September
That pumpkinn bread looks so tasty. It looks like it would be nicely filling with a cup of coffee or tea.
That’s a great idea Kay – to have it with a cup of coffee or tea!! xo Heather
This looks so yummy and I am going to give this a try. I am pinning for sure. I would love it if you would share this delicious looking recipe at a link party I am co-hosting. I hope to see you there. Have a great week. https://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/09/dishing-it-and-digging-it-link-party-113.html?showComment=1473646372423#c7805219286453814444
Linda Manuel says
YUM! Can’t wait to try this!
Great!! That’s awesome Linda – hope you like it! We really do 🙂
What type of shortening do you use?
HI Kathy – I use Tenderflake! 🙂
Amy Orvin says
This looks so delicious!
It’s super yummy – you’ll love it if you love nutella and chocolate like me! 😉
Roxanne Ellis says
Nuts and chocolate… what more can we ask for….Looks Scrumptious… can’t wait to make… Thank you for sharing Heather… all my best.
Anna Starner says
I love pumpkin bread and I can’t wait to try this.
I love ANYTHING that uses Nutella, but this recipe looks especially good! Thanks.
This looks delicious. It has a filling and a topping both – you can’t beat that! Yum.
Great – so glad you like my recipe Lisa! 🙂
Candy Walsh says
Oh my yummy!! I have already got this one pinned!! I’m pretty sure I’ve become addicted to Nutella, so this has to be delicious! I can’t wait to try it!
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Life is just better with a Nutella filling! This is a great recipe and I will definitely add it to my fall baking!
Your Pumpkin Bread looks delicious ! May be trying it soon !
Thanks Judy – it is super yummy! I think you’ll like it! Thanks for visiting and commenting!! xo Heather
Looks amazing!! Do you think I could sub in another nut for the hazelnuts? Or do you think it would taste strange with the Nutella? Thanks for the recipe!!
I think you definitely could Bridgot!! I’ve eaten peanut butter and nutella on toast – so why not add other type of nuts?! 🙂