See 5 easy winter decorating ideas after Christmas! How to transition your home from Christmas glitz to winter tranquility. Design solutions to make your home extra cozy and stylish during the coldest months of the year!
See the winter accessories list with links to sources at the bottom of the post.
5 Easy Winter Decorating Ideas After Christmas!
After we pack away all of our Christmas decor our homes can feel so bare and empty!
Our rooms often feel lackluster, dull and boring when the holiday sparkle and glitter are removed.
On top of that, it’s cold outside and winter brings with it gray, glum skies which can make our spaces feel very dark.
Today I’m also sharing my favorite decorating accessories and 5 ideas that will add gorgeous warmth, texture and color to your spaces for winter.
Winter decorating is all about simplifying and adding layers – lets see how.
These 5 Design Tips will give your home a beautiful post Christmas, cozy, inviting feeling for winter!
1. Candles and Candle Holders
Candles add the perfect amount of glow and visual warm to any room. Use real candles or battery operated flickering flame candles. I’m obsessed with battery operated candles because of their safety and dancing flickering flame which is just stunning!
I always have a candle or two in a tray on my coffee table, one on my kitchen island tray, kitchen countertops and a few on my mantel.
Shop these beautiful candles and candle holders!
Do you need help decorating your home or picking paint colors?
See my online decorating & paint color services plus client reviews! Email me at [email protected] for more info!
Here is a gorgeous candle topped table idea. Simple yet stylish!
Shop this look! Click on the images below to create this table setting!
These glass hurricanes filled with white candles and greenery (use fresh or faux!) would look stunning on a mantel or on a table.
I love the sparkle of the glass and the sparkle of the candle flame!
What a serene way to brighten up a room during cold dark winter days.
Shop this look! Click on the images below to create this candle hurricane with greenery!
Velvet is one of the most tactile, luxurious feeling fabrics! It’s warm as well which makes it perfect for winter decorating.
Adding velvet pillows or a velvet chair or sofa to a room will instantly add visual warmth to a room.
We absolutely love our performance velvet swivel chair in stone! The neutral velvet fabric and pleated back and sides add loads of texture to our living room!
Shop these beautiful velvet pillows!
Throw blankets are a must for wrapping up in during winter months! Tassels, pom poms and fringe accents add more texture.
4. Accent Mirrors
Accent mirrors will bounce natural light and candle light around and make a space feel brighter!
5. Tropical trees, florals and botanicals – real or artificial!
Add a couple of tropical trees or flower arrangements to liven up your rooms, add natural color and a pop of greenery!
Trees will add height and a focal point too! This 6 foot fiddle leaf fig tree is a great way to fill an empty corner. It has bendable branches so you can make them look very full and natural.
This faux floral arrangement is from HomeGoods.
Also, pampas grass is a huge design trend for 2020!
Add a few fronds to a vase for your mantel or table – they are gorgeous and will add a ton of texture to a room!
5 more Winter Decor Accessories:
- Agate, selenite and crystal – add these gorgeous natural materials to your coffee table and bookshelves for visual interest with agate, selenite and crystal candle holders, bookends, coasters.
- Small decorative sculptures, marble chains, decorative knots, obelisks – add these beautiful sculptures to your coffee table, night table mantel or bookshelf!
- Vases and decorative bowls– Pick up a new vase or two to hold botanicals or blooms to freshen up your rooms for winter! Decorative bowls, rustic or modern, can beaded to your coffee table or filled with fruit for your kitchen countertops!
- Essential oil diffuser – these are so on trend right now! They add such a lovely fragrance to your winter home!
- Fire screens – Add style and pattern to your fireplace with a beautiful fire screen! There are so many gorgeous ones in champagne, nickel and gold. Now that we are enjoying our fireplaces so much during these cold winter nights, a fire screen will help brighten up your living room!
Shop these winter decor ideas!
More decor ideas:
- Winter Mantel Decorating Ideas
- 10 Minute Winter DIY Decorating Birch Branches
- Winter Entryway Decor and Curb Appeal Ideas
- 12 Ways To Create A Cozy Guest Bedroom Your Company Will Love
- Beautiful Houseplants That Ship To Your Door!
- Living Room Design Ideas
- 7 Ways To Make A Small Room Feel Larger Instantly!
- 5 Design Tricks To Brighten A Dark Room
- How to Mix Design Styles So They Don’t Clash!
- How to Pick Paint Colors With Confidence!
I hope you like these winter decorating ideas after Christmas!
Redecorating or renovating a room in your home?
Plan your project and keep the details organized with this helpful Printable Home Renovation, Redecorating and Remodel PLANNER!