Take a look at the new Pinterest profile updates, what’s changed on your Pinterest profile and how you can customize your new Pinterest profile!
New Pinterest Profile Updates & How To Customize Your New Profile
Big changes have happened on Pinterest lately! Your Pinterest profile now has a new look – log into your Pinterest account and have a peek at your new Pinterest profile updates!
- Now everything looks consistent, whether you’re viewing your profile on the web or your phone.
- If you have a website linked to your Pinterest profile, the name of the website and the hyperlink to it is located under your profile picture.
- Under your Pinterest Profile name you will see your monthly visitor viewer number.
- Your boards and the Pins you saved and tried all live under different tabs. You can see the total number of each of these when you visit each tab.
- Now you can edit your board covers on both your phone and the web. Just open up your board and tap or click on the pencil button.
- If you have a business account, you’ll also be able to showcase a selection of your best boards and buyable Pins. The showcase appears right at the top of your profile, so it’s the first thing your audience sees.
I’ll explain what’s changed with your profile and how you can customize and change a few things:
1. There is a new stylized profile cover banner at the top that lets you highlight your Pinterest boards or your pins.
This is how you can customize your profile cover banner:
Go to your Pinterest profile on the web and click the edit pencil button in the top right corner of your profile cover banner.
A pop up will appear where you will select how to customize your profile cover banner! It says ‘Pick some Pins to feature in your profile cover’ :
To customize your profile cover banner choose one of the following:
- Latest Pins: you can choose to have your recent pins displayed in the showcase. These are the most recent pins you’ve saved to your Pinterest profile. Click on ‘Latest Pins’. Then click the red ‘Done‘ button on the bottom of the pop up.
- Recent Activity: you can choose to have pins from your recent activity displayed. These are the pins people saved from your site and linked accounts. Click on ‘Recent Activity’. Then click the red ‘Done’ button on the bottom of the pop up.
- The pins from one of your public boards. Go to ‘or pick a board’ and click on one of your boards that is listed in the pop up. Then click the red ‘Done’ button on the bottom of the pop up. The pins from that board will now be displayed in the banner.
2. Your Pinterest Profile description is displayed under your profile pic and profile name.
To change your Pinterest Profile description:
- Click on your profile pic in the top right of your profile page as shown below:
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Under ‘About you’ type your Pinterest profile description using keywords. When you are finished click the ‘Save Settings’ red button on the bottom right.
3. There is a new menu selection that appears under your Pinterest profile description.
It includes the following menu tabs:
- ‘Overview’ – This is where your showcase Featured Boards are displayed. More on that below.
- ‘Boards’ – This is where all of your Pinterest boards are displayed.
- ‘Pins’ – This is where all of your Pinterest pins are displayed.
- ‘Activity’ – These are all the Pins people saved from your site and linked accounts. This page is visible on your profile right now, but you can always remove it.
- ‘Followers’ – This is where all of your Pinterest followers are displayed.
- ‘Following’ – This is where all the Pinterest profiles thatt you follow are displayed.
- ‘Tries’ – this is where all the pins you have tried are displayed.
4. Featured boards:
If you have a business account, you’ll be able to showcase a selection of your best boards and buyable Pins. It is called ‘Featured boards’. The showcase appears right at the top of your profile, so it’s the first thing your audience sees.
Your showcase automatically rotates in a loop to show each of your featured items.
You can use the new showcase space to highlight anything from seasonal content to your all-time best ideas—whatever helps tell the unique story of your business.
Showcase is on all platforms (iOS, Android, desktop web) but only editable on desktop web.
This is how you can customize your showcase:
Your showcase will only appear after you select items to go in it. To customize your space, go to your profile on the web and click the edit pencil button in the bottom right corner of your showcase, or visit the profile section of your account settings.
A pop up will appear that’s titled ‘Edit Featured Boards’.
Your showcase has up to 5 slots, and you can fill them with any five of your public boards. For each slot choose a board to highlight. Click ‘Save’.
You can even add your buyable pins to your showcase! This is how to do it:
First, save the products you want to include to a new board. Then go to your profile on web and edit your showcase. Add your new board to one of the slots in your showcase and save.
If you choose not to feature anything in your showcase, it won’t appear on your profile. People will simply see your normal selection of boards—the prompt to fill your showcase is only visible to you.
To empty your showcase choose ‘Clear All’ then click ‘Save’.
Remember: you can always edit your showcase later by visiting the profile section of your account settings.
5. A new Following Feed:
This is a new feed that Pinterest has introduced! Well actually it’s an old feed – It’s the feed from ‘the old days’ which only displays pins from the people you follow on Pinterest!
It differs from your SmartFeed which contains pins that are recommended to you based on your interests, what you are pinning, what you are searching and other factors.
To see your Following feed:
- Click on the icon showing two people at the right of your search bar to get your Pinterest follower feed to display. See pic below.
- With the new “followers button”, you can now see all the content from the accounts you follow in real time!
- What I love about this is that your Following Feed shows pins from people you LOVE on Pinterest and that you know pin great content!
- I’d love for you to follow me on Pinterest so that your Follower feed will be filled with my home decor ideas, recipes and fun DIY projects!
6. A new three section layout:
Your Pinterest page is now laid out in three sections.
The first section is your showcase Featured Boards which we talked about above.
The second section is your Latest Pins. This section contains all the pins you’ve recently saved on Pinterest.
The third section is your Latest Boards. This section contains the boards that you’ve recently saved to on Pinterest.
Scroll down your Pinterest page to see all of these sections!
PLEASE PIN THIS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
So what do you think of these New Pinterest Profile Updates & How To Customize Your New Profile?
If you have any questions leave them in the comments below!
I’ll write a post on the other changes that Pinterest has made to the way you can organize your Pinterest boards and pins – so stay tuned for that post!
You may also like: