Before I talk about this ornament idea – check out how you can get completely organized for the holidays with this gorgeous Ultimate Holiday Planner!
You won’t forget a place to be at, a card to send, a gift to get or groceries to buy with these 27 printable pages including:
Dated calendars, menu planners, gift tracker and Christmas organization! It’s saving my sanity this year prepping for the holidays!
- Paint chips
- Ornaments (this is a great project to use ornaments that have colors or designs you no longer are in love with, or dollar store ornaments will work perfectly too!)
- 1 inch circle punch
- Silver colored craft paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot glue gun
- Thick Silver thread
- Paint cap of Ornament and around top of ornament with silver colored craft paint. I used some dark blue ornaments I had already, that had gold caps.
- Using a 1 inch circle punch, punch out several circles of each color on the color chip. My paint chips have 5 colors which creates a nice ombre design.
- Take one circle of the darkest color and glue onto the bottom of the ornament.
- Using circles of this same dark color, hot glue them onto ornament, overlapping each circle. Create one band of this color. It will look a bit messy at this point, but don’t worry you will be covering up the hot glue parts!
- Using second darkest color hot glue circles onto ornament overlapping each circle so that the previous layer is somewhat covered. Create one band of this color.
- Continue gluing the circles onto the ornament making one band in each color until the entire ornament is covered.
- Cut an 8 inch long piece of thick silver thread and tie onto ornament to hang.
A little knick knack
Claiming Our Space
Redhead Can Decorate