Make This Beautiful DIY Ombre Christmas Ornament!
A quick, inexpensive Christmas tree decor idea!
What is Ombre?
Materials to Make This Ombre DIY Christmas Ornament
Ornaments (this is a great project to use ornaments that have colors or designs you no longer are in love with, or dollar store ornaments will work perfectly too!)
- Or use these clear ornaments
- Or use silver Rub N Buff or gold Rub N Buff
Tutorial- Instructions to make this DIY Christmas Ornament
Paint the cap of ornament and around top of ornament with silver colored craft paint or silver rub n buff . I used some dark blue ornaments I had already, that had gold caps.
- Using a 1 inch circle punch, punch out several circles of each color on the color chip. My paint chips have 5 colors which creates a nice ombre design.
Take one circle of the darkest color and glue onto the bottom of the ornament.
Using circles of this same dark color, hot glue them onto ornament, overlapping each circle. Create one band of this color. It will look a bit messy at this point, but don’t worry you will be covering up the hot glue parts!
Using second darkest color hot glue circles onto ornament overlapping each circle so that the previous layer is somewhat covered. Create one band of this color.
Continue gluing the circles onto the ornament making one band in each color until the entire ornament is covered.
Cut an 8 inch long piece of metallic cord and tie onto ornament to hang.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY Ombre Christmas Ornament decor idea!
- How To Set Up A Flocked Christmas Tree To Minimize Flock Shedding
- Elegant White & Gold Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas
- 5 Minute DIY Gold Dot Christmas Ornament
- Elegant Woodland Christmas Tree Decor Ideas
- Modern Classic Kitchen Design
- Beautiful & Neutral Christmas Decor Ideas For The Home
- The Best Artificial Christmas Trees To Deck Your Halls
- DIY Mason Jar Gift: Snowflake Hot Chocolate
- Snowball Cookies
- Top 50 Bestselling Paint Colors At Sherwin Williams
- How to Pick Paint Colors With Confidence!
- 5 Best White Trim Paint Colors