DIY Wine Bottle Candle Holder with Metallic Accents
- Wine bottle with labels removed
- Glue gun
- Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint in Gunmetal color (this paint comes in lots of other gorgeous metallic colors – pick the one you love best!)
- Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint in Sequin Black (this paint comes in lots of other gorgeous metallic colors – pick the one you love best!)
- Faux leaves.
- White candle.
Tutorial to make DIY Wine Bottle Candle Holder with Metallic Leaves:
– Cut out a piece of burlap wide enough to fit on the neck of the wine bottle and long enough to fit around the diameter…remove a few threads from each end to give it a frayed look. Save one thread to tie the leaves onto the wine bottle.
– Using glue gun, glue ends of burlap together on the wine bottle to secure.
– On one leaf: with Gunmetal metallic craft paint, paint both sides of artificial leaves. Paint over with a layer of metallic sequin black paint. The black paint will seep through in some areas giving this mottled antiqued look.
– On second leaf: paint two layers of gunmetal paint on each side. Once dry, dry brush a thin layer of metallic sequin black paint on top to produce a burnished effect.
– Using a large needle, poke a hole at the top of each leaf.
– Using one strand of burlap, tie leaves onto neck of wine bottle.
– Insert a candle into wine bottle.
– Enjoy the ambiance!!
Aren’t these leaves so pretty? I am amazed at how much they look like they’re made from real metal!
You may also like: