Quick and Easy DIY craft project: Make this adorable photo holder with wire and a rock for a fun DIY decor project! Perfect for your kids room, desk or bookshelf. Use your kid’s rock collection or shells from your travels and vacations to display pictures without frames!
Here’s an adorable Rockin’ way to display photos without a picture frame…with a Rockin’ Photo Holder made just from wire and a rock! Easy-peasy!
Here are two that I made using rocks we collected from the beach and black and white photos of my boys when they were little munchkins….pictures of my cuties at the beach playing in the sand!
Isn’t that a great way to spend summer? Building sand castles at the beach??
We used to live 10 minutes from a beautiful sandy beach… the water was crystal clear, perfect for catching minnows and the beach was perfect for building castles and digging holes!
HOW TO MAKE A DIY ROCKIN’ PHOTO HOLDER:
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
DIY Rock and Wire Photo Holder Supplies:
– Wrap one end of wire around width of rock once, leaving one inch from the end free to tie up later.
– Continue wrapping wire around the rock’s width once more.
– In the opposite direction wrap the wire around the rock’s length twice.
(This will make sure the rock is held tight in the wire and won’t fall out.)
– Take the one inch end of wire that was left hanging free and twist around the other wire several times to secure the rock.
– Leave 4 inches of wire sticking straight up from rock and cut with wire snips.
– At this end that was just cut, take the pencil and wrap the wire around it 3 times to form a spiral shape. This is where the photo is going to sit.
-Insert photo in the spiral.
That’s it! Enjoy!
These would look amazing in a grouping on a shelf, on a coffee table or in your kid’s room!
Do you display photos in creative ways that don’t use a frame? Tell me how!
You may also like: