These delicious blueberry flower tarts are fun to make and serve! Satisfy your sweet tooth with this mini fruit filled dessert with a flower shaped crust- perfect for brunch, baby showers, wedding showers and dinner parties!
This post contains some affiliate links for your shopping convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Blueberry Flower Tarts
Makes – 18
- 1 roll of Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon of melted Butter
- 1 ½ cups of Blueberries
- ½ cup of Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch + 2 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon of Water
- ¼ cup of Whipped Topping
- Fresh Blueberries and Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll the pie dough onto a well-floured surface. Using a ‘Flower’ cookie cutter, cut out as many flower shapes as possible. Using a rolling-pin, roll out the scraps and continue to cut out ‘flower’ shapes until the dough runs out. We got 18 ‘Flowers’.
- Press each ‘flower’ into a greased mini muffin pan. Press the base down into the bottom well and gently fold the petals back around the top of the muffin pan, to crate the ‘flower’ shape.
- Poke the bottom and sides of the ‘flowers’ with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the blueberry pie filling.
- Combine the blueberries, water, sugar, lemon zest and butter in a sauce pan can bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries start to break down.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water. Add the slurry to the berry mixture and keep stirring till the mixture thickens. Take it off the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Keep aside to cool.
- Once the ‘Flower’ tart shell cools, fill each shell with about 1 tablespoon of the blueberry pie filling.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping, fresh berries and a sliver of mint leaves. (Optional)
Don’t these tarts look so fun and yummy?? Your kids will love these and these tarts are a fabulous idea for a floral themed birthday party dessert, wedding showers or for Easter brunch!
I hope you enjoy these delicious Blueberry Flower Tarts!
You may also like: