To celebrate Mother’s day this year 10 amazing bloggers bloggers have joined me to hop across 10 fabulous blogs and share lots of inspiration and creativity!
Today the blog hop lands at Setting for Four and I’m so excited to show you my Mother’s Day gift idea!
A Beautiful Cashmere DIY Cup Cozy!
I also embellished it with my Grandmother’s rhinestone brooch – isn’t it lovely?
Mom will absolutely love this DIY Cup Cozy!! (I’m including the step by step tutorial on how to make this Cup Cozy too!!)
This Cup Cozy will keep Mom’s coffee (or tea) super warm…. and since it’s made with beautiful Cashmere yarn, it will also be cozy and luxurious to the touch!
DIY cashmere cup cozy knitting tutorial – 3 Versions to Make in 1 Evening:
Ah – cashmere! Oh so decadent!
I love this dark heathery gray color – I’m loving grays right now!
Cashmere Yarn – 1 ball (60 grams) of Bernat Cashmere Natural Blends: Color = Coal 16040
(you can buy this similar yarn online: Lion Brand Yarn 821-159E Superwash Merino Cashmere Yarn, Charcoal Heather)
Double pointed knitting needles: size US 6 (4.00 mm)
(Find double pointed needles size US 6 here: Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Double Pointed 6-inch (15cm) Knitting Needles; Size US 6 (4.0mm) Fuchsia Fan)
Flower or jewelled brooch
I took lots of detailed pictures for you to refer to! If you have any questions leave them in my comment section and I’ll do my best to answer them!
1. Cast on 36 stitches.
Place the 36 stitches onto all 4 double pointed needles so that each needle has several stitches on it.
2. Join ends to work ‘in the round’ being careful not to twist stitches.
3. Knit 1 round and purl 1 round.
4. Change to stocking stitch (knit every round).
5. Knit until Cup Cozy sleeve measure 1 1/4 inches from the beginning.
6. Increase Round 1: Knit 1, Make 1 [knit 9, Make 1] 3 times, knit 8 for 40 stitches.
7. Work even until sleeve measures 2 1/4 inches from the beginning.
8. Increase Round 2: Knit 1, Make 1 [knit 10, Make 1] 3 times, knit 9 for 44 stitches.
9. Work even until sleeve measures 3 inches from the beginning.
10. Purl 1 round.
11. Bind off all stitches loosely knit wise.
12. Cut end of yarn. Using embroidery needle weave yarn ends into back of cup cozy.
13. Add a favourite brooch to your cup cozy to give it some beautiful bling and fun embellishment! Finished!
There are so many different looks you can give this cup cozy- vary the type of brooch to create different styles!
Version #1: Here is my cup cozy with my grandmother’s rhinestone brooch – isn’t it adorable? It also looks like the letter ‘C’ for coffee!
Here’s my second version: I added a tulle flower brooch.
….and for a third version, I added a silver colored fabric and pearl flower brooch!
Which version do you like best? Do you think your Mom would like this DIY Cashmere Cup Cozy for Mother’s Day??
** Don’t forget to visit the other blogs participating in this fun Mother’s Day Blog hop this week and next! **
And don’t forget to mark your calendars for April 27th when we will have a huge giveaway!
One lucky person will win a $200 Visa gift card and 2 piece jewellery prize package!
~ ~ ~
…and check out 16 of my past DIY Projects here – all great DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas!