Displaying photos of my family and vacations is how I love to create a meaningful home and personalize my rooms!
I’m always looking for fresh, new ways of displaying my photos and instagrams other than the using regular picture frames. Like this stylish photo holder I recently found at Target!
I love the way that photos can be clipped onto the steel cable and can be interchanged easily and the on trend arrow shape! However the glossy, bright blue wasn’t the look I was going for so I decided to give it a quick paint makeover.
I knew that with a couple coats of paint I could create a unique way to hold the photos we took on our summer visit to the Museum of Natural History where I took lots of instagrams of the stunning displays of sea life, birds, mammals and minerals!
Here’s the before and after:
- Target RE Room Essentials Photo Line with Five Photo Clips
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint -‘Burlap’ color
- Foam Paint Brush
- Painter’s Tape
- white spray paint primer
1. Using painter’s tape, tape off the steel cable to protect it from the paint.
2. Spray paint each end of the photo holder as well as the clips with a coat of white primer.
3. Give each end of the photo holder, the arrow pieces, 2 coats of DecoArt paint.
4. Remove painter’s tape from the steel cable and hang photos!
Here are our holiday photos of the anemones, and minerals that were on display at the museum:
I love the neutral burlap color of my painted photo display! The clips are a great way to interchange the displays quickly and easily:
What are some unique ways that you hang photos? Share your tips in the comments – I’m always looking for new ideas!
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored conversation in partnership with DecoArt. All opinions are 100% my own.