DIY Restoration Hardware Inspired Farmhouse Table – with Bolted Plank Top

1 of 4
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Make this DIY Restoration Hardware Inspired Table with Salvage Grey Wash Finish - for under $200!  This is a custom design too! #3MDIY #3MPartner

Looking for a distinctive, one-of-a-kind wood table with loads of artisan style and a small price tag? See my latest build: a DIY Restoration Hardware Inspired Farmhouse Wood Table…. with Salvage Grey Wash Finish and Bolted Plank Top – less than $200.00 to make

Our family needed a new outdoor table for dining on our outdoor deck so when 3M DIY asked me to partner with them to evaluate their new products, I knew the perfect project to build!

I’m so excited to let you know that this table is my own custom design …and I’m sharing the instructions on how it’s made with you today!

I combined two popular RH table styles, the rectangular X-base Table and the Brickmaker’s Table, to come up with this distinctive innovative design: an X-base  bottom with an industrial bolted plank table top!

How to Build a Custom Farmhouse Table!

Awesome part? It cost just $157.00 total!!!! WOW!

This is my absolutely,  most  favorite DIY build my hubby and I have made! I’m honestly in love with everything about this gorgeous dining table!

Including: the customized design style (x- base farmhouse style with bolted planks on top), the size (8 feet long!), the wood finish (trendy sun-bleached grey wash), the combination of two popular RH looks (X Based Wood Table and the Brickmaker’s Table)….and the best part: the price tag to make it!

Restoration Hardware X base Table Price: $3595.00 ( plus tax and shipping)

Restoration Hardware Brickmaker’s table Price: $1095  ( plus tax and shipping)

____________________________

RH Total = $4690.00

Our price: only $157.00 Total!!!!

!!!!

Table Supply List:

Supplies to build a Restoration Hardware Inspired Table. See the full supply list and instructions!

Next Page

Sharing at:    Live Laugh Rowe      Tidy Mom     36th Avenue     Liz Marie Blog        Classy Clutter    Tatertots and Jello     Savvy Southern Style       DIY Dreamer

Play Party Pin    French Country Cottage    Design, Dining and Diapers       DIY Showoff         Sand and Sisal      House on the Way    Carolyn’s Homework

Between Naps on the Porch       Stone Gable      Coastal Charm  Cupcakes and Crinoline   Nifty Thrifty Things

1 of 4
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Comments

• heather says

Thanks Cindy!!! I’m soooooo happy with how it turned out – our family has been enjoying it a lot this summer with dinners on our deck!!

• heather says

I’m so glad you like it Selene! Please send me a photo of your table if you decide to make one – I know you’ll love it too!

• heather says

Oh Shanna!! Your sweet compliments mean so much to me!! Thanks so much!! You know I had this idea in my head…my design of the combination of those two popular Restoration Hardware Table styles and it’s so rewarding to see my vision actually become reality! If you make one please send me a picture of it!!

• heather says

I’m in love with all things grey right now Meredith – this salvage grey wash stain is just gorgeous and gives the table real character!

• heather says

Thanks Heather! Great name by the way! ;) We are pretty wowed by it as well!! It’s a great size for entertaining and I just love the detail of the x base and the lag bolts!

1. JaneEllen says

wow, you two did an amazing job, very good work. This would be a great table in a big cabin in a dining room. Love that finish, would go beautifully in mountain cabin in MT. I love the grey wash look, so smooth. You should be very proud of the job you did. Enjoy it now for many outside meals with your family and friends. Happy summer days
    thx for how to’s also ,pinning this.

• heather says

Isn’t the price to make it incredible?? I’m glad you like the grey washed finish as much as I do!

• heather says

Thanks Amy – I’m glad you think it has an expensive look! I love creating things that look expensive but are easy on the wallet!

• heather says

I trialed several combinations of stain before I found this perfect blend of grey over the dark walnut stain – so glad you like it Shannah!

2. Teri @ The Freshman Cook says

Love, love , love this! What a beautiful job! I was thinking about a basic picnic table for my outside dining area, but you have changed my mind for sure!I hope I can do half as nice of a job as you did! I would love if you would stop by and share this at my new link party, Celebrate It! It is all about celebrating what we do every day! http://bit.ly/1ucHUvh
    Hope to see you there!

3. Amelia says

I absolutely love this table. We are going to start building soon but had a question… How exactly did you attach the top of the table to the legs?

• heather says

Hi Amelia – the instructions for that step are in the Ana White plans which I used and linked to in my post. Hope that helps! Have fun making one!

Trackbacks