DIY French Label Towel

Hello everyone!

Today I am sharing a DIY French Label Towel.  I love French decor!  Do you?

DIY Sharpie French Label Towel from Setting for Four #DIY #Tutorial #Gift #Sharpie #French #Graphic #Label

Pin It

Supplies:

- 1 high quality natural fabric towel

(you can buy them online here: Now Designs Floursack Towels Set of 6, White)

- Marker

- Printout of French Chocolate label – I used the ‘Cacao Payraud’ label from the Graphics Fairy.  There are also many other graphics and labels on this wonderful site to choose from.

Tutorial:

Wash and dry the towel.

Place paper of the French graphic under the towel.

Trace the words onto the towel using the marker.

You’re done!

I have washed mine and the printing didn’t disappear or ‘bleed’ at all.  The towels take on a lovely slight faded appearance as the towel fibers move slightly as they are washed.  I use Woolite detergent, since certain detergents containing powerful stain fighters that may cause the print to fade excessively.  I choose to wash mine in cold water but they can be washed in hot water.

See my Turn Kids Art Into Tea Towels post to see how I made towels using my kid’s art!  Great gift idea!
DIY Turn Children's Art Into Tea Towels from Setting for Four #DIY #Tutorial #Gift #Sharpie #Childrens Art #Graphic #Label

You can also see another DIY Kid’s Art Towel version: Thanksgiving DIY Kids Art Tea Towel.

Turn Children's Art Into Thanksgiving Tea Towels from Setting for Four #Tea Towel #DIY #Thanksgiving #Kids Art

~ ~ ~ ~

Click here to follow Setting for Four on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/settingforfour/

Have you just discovered Setting for Four?

If so, I’d love for you to follow me by email so you never miss an update!  Click below!

Or follow along with me here !:

Find Me On Facebook Follow Me On Pinterest Follow Me On Twitter Follow Me On Google+ Follow me on StumbleUpon Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Hometalk Rss Feed Options Find me on LinkedIn

~ ~ ~ ~

* Thank you SO much for coming by for a visit! I love to hear all of your comments! *

Heather

Written by Heather at Setting for Four

Setting for Four is a home design, décor and lifestyle blog. Focus is on home renovations, crafts, DIYs, tutorials, recipes, as well as family friendly design and decorating ideas that won’t break the bank or sacrifice style.

You can find Setting for Four on

This project was Featured at:

It's OVerflowing

button

DelectableHome

Linking to these fabulous parties here.

Link Party Websites

{M}* Between Naps On The Porch * Thrifty Decor ChickSkip To My LouHome Stories A to Z * 3 Mango Seeds * How to nest for less * Ivy and Elephants * Inspired By FelicityCherished BlissToday’s Creative Blog * Kampen Lane * Salt Tree *

{T}  * Night Owl CraftingCoastal Charm * My Uncommon Slice Of SuburbiaMommy By Day Crafter by Night * Tip Junkie * Trophy Wife *
Measured By The Heart * Blue Cricket DesignOur Delightful Home * Savvy Southern Style * A Bowl Full of Lemons * The DIY Dreamer * Organize an Decorate Everything * Cheap Crafty Mama * Carolyn’s Homework * The Winthrop Chronicles * Sew Much Ado * Cedar Hill Ranch * Primitive and Proper * Delicate Construction *

{W}  * Blue Cricket Design  * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Shabby Creek Cottage * Beyond the Picket Fence *   Bear Rabbit Bear *   Home Happy Home * Someday craftsFireflies and Jellybeans * The 36th Avenue * Gingersnap Crafts   * Newlyweds * Savvy Southern Style * Night Owl Crafting * Grits and Giggles * 733 blog * Embracing Change * Family Home and Life *

{TH}* Delightful Order* A Glimpse Inside  *  The Crafty Blogstalker * Made In a Day  * Somewhat Simple* A Little Knick Knack* House of Hepworth’s
 * Chic on a Shoestring * 52 Mantels * The Taylor House * Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons * Whipperberry * Blissful and Domestic * Pinkapotamus * Delicate Construction *

{F}*  French Country CottageAt the Picket Fence * Serenity Now * The Shabby Nest * Tatertots and Jello * Chic On A Shoestring Decorating *
Nutmeg Place * Lolly Jane Boutique * Too Much Time * Addicted 2 Decorating * The Grant Life * The Rooster and The Hen * Classy Clutter * Craft Envy * Thirty Handmade Days * Delicate Construction * Young and Crafty * Embracing Change *

{Sat}*
Be Different Act Normal * Nifty Thrifty Things * I heart naptime * The Sweet Talk Shop * Funky Junk InteriorsTwigg StudiosA Rosie Sweet Home * Its Overflowing * Heatherly Loves * Positively Splendid * The Gingerbread Blog * Candace Creations *

{Sun}* DIY Showoff * The girl creative * Under the Table and Dreaming – By Stephanie Lynn * My 1929 Charmer Blog * Embellishing Life Everyday * Alderberry Hill *
Homemaker On A Dime * Delectable Home * Everything Under The MoonAddicted to Recipes * Vintage Mauve * Vintage Mauve * Le Chateau Des Fleurs *
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Comments

1. says

Seriously awesome!!! It turned out beautifully! Now I’m thinking of bikes, and music notes and everything else I’ve wanted on a hand towel!

–Katie
    * If you aren’t tired of linking it, link it to my party that is on Tuesdays (starts on Monday nights).

2. says

Wow, what a simple way to transfer an image! Sometimes we make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Thanks for sharing the source for your grain sack towels. I’ve been looking for these but the only ones I’ve found have a stripe on them already.

Your kitchen looks lovely – have you shared other photos of it in old posts?

3. says

I love this! Found you at Tip Junkie tonight… this is such a simple, beautiful project. I think I might have to try a version with a colored marker and see what it looks like. The black is just classic though. Thanks for sharing this!!

4. says

Fantastic idea! I’ll have to give this a try, although I don’t have a very steady hand, hope mine comes out half as good as yours! I’m now folloing

5. says

Seriously, cute idea!! Thanks for sharing. Adding this to my list of things to do. lol. Also, thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn

6. says

That looks really great! I would love to try that!
    I would also love if you stopped by my linky party to link this up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

7. says

I had been wondering if this could be a way to transfer an image to a piece of material I want to use as a pillow. Thanks so much for sharing how to do it and doing the ground-breaking testing! I’m pinning this so I won’t forget how to do it. I saw your post over at “The Grant Life”.

8. says

Oh I love this! So going to try this soon :)
    Also, what is the fabric you use in the background (the white, grey, & yellow)? its so cute! and I’m looking for something like that to make curtains for my kitchen – thanks!

9. says

Love love love these towels. Did you have to ‘fill’ any of the lines in. I would love to make these and am going to try my hand at it. Thanks for sharing the details how. I came over from Sunday Par.tay and so glad I did. I really like your blog. And now I’m following you.

Nann
    atnannstable.blogspot.com

10. says

I love it, so easy, so pretty, so frenchy! I will be trying this for sure. I always shy away from doing transfer projects, just won’t do them, but I will do this one. It’s too easy to fail. I really love it. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best. PS – now following you on Facebook!!!!!

11. says

This is such a fantastic idea. I would have never thought to do this. Adding to my do list. Oh, this would be a fun addition to my mom’s mothers day present. Thanks so much for the idea and great tutorial. Pinning!
    Have a happy Tuesday!

♥Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

12. says

This is such a great idea! I love my flour sack towels and have been brainstorming ideas to make them a bit more fun. I can’t wait to put my own spin on this brilliant idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

13. says

I love sharpie crafts! This towel is fabulous – I have a tea towel just waiting for this project. Thanks for linking up. I’m going to feature this at the next Show & Tell!

14. says

Thank you for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday. This is a great tutorial! You have been featured with this week’s party! Don’t forget to stop by and grab the feature button and wear it proudly!

Thanks for sharing!

15. says

Just saw this on Pinterest! LOVE it! I never thought of using Sharpies like this. I’m new to your blog and love all your ideas!

If you have time, we would LOVE for you to stop in and link up this post and anything crafty in our Crafty Showcase. It runs from Sat-Thur and then we have a Feature Friday with the top pics!

We also have a linky for ETSY/Crafty business items!

Susie @Bowdabra

16. says

I ADORE this! You smartie pants! I cannot believe you made this awesome towel by tracing! It looks perfect, I will be trying this one for sure.
    I am also loving the video reel. I looks super awesome- and I think it’s great advertisement for your projects.
    xox Becca

• says

Thanks for your sweet comments Judy! Just copying some info from the post here for you:
      Because this project uses permanent marker – it won’t disappear in the wash! I have washed mine and the printing didn’t wash out or ‘bleed’ at all.

I wash mine in cold water and hang to dry (since they dry very quickly, there is no need to put in the dryer!).
      I have put them on the dryer on low heat to dry, the towels are cotton so some shrinkage will occur, but I prewash and predry them before I put the sharpie graphic on them.
      Hope this helps! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

17. says

I have made similar projects (pillows) and I tape my fabric and my design to the patio doors ans that way I get a nice flat hard surface with lots of light shining through for tracing!

18. says

I have a question…. You said you “trace” the image into the towel… How? What steps do you specifically do? Lay some graphite paper between your fabric and the image, trace it out then go back over it with the sharpie?

19. says

Hi !! I’m french and I’m sorry to say that the text is not good ….I don’t know what it really want to mean…. PENSEZ A DEJEUNER ? PENSEZ A VOTRE DEJEUNER ? PRENEZ VOTRE DEJEUNER ? lol strange…

20. says

I know this comment is long after your post, but what type of marker do you use? Is it a permanent Sharpie marker or some other brand? I love The Graphics Fairy and use her graphics alot.. usually print them onto iron-on fabric and then sew it onto my project, but I love the idea of just tracing it, but I’m sure the right kind of marker is very important!

21. says

LOVE this! I’m hosting a Sharpie crafts link party on my blog this week, and I’d love it if you wanted to link up! Favorites will be featured in a compilation post next week, & we’re giving away a $50 Target GC and Sharpie prize pack! http://bit.ly/1c0IEvS