Lose one earring? Don’t throw out it’s mate! Use it to make this Easy DIY Charm Necklace from Earrings! Great gift idea too!
This is a quick DIY using a pair of earrings, necklace chain, a charm and beads.
Supplies for DIY Charm Necklace:
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
– Leaf earrings
– 4 mm jump rings
– 2 head pins
– Colored Beads: one light blue oval faceted glass bead one round faceted gray glass bead
– Small silver spacer bead
– Zodiac Charm
– Jewelry making tool kit.
– With the wire cutters cut the necklace chain into the desired length. I cut mine to 24 inches.
– With Jewelry Pliers, open the hook on both of the earrings to remove the silver colored leaf. (Close this hook back up and now you have a pretty set of gold colored earrings!)
– With a 4 mm jump ring add the silver colored leaf to the necklace chain.
– Create a crystal bead dangle: Take a head pin and add a crystal bead to it. Cut the head pin so that there is 1/2 inch sticking out from the crystal. With pliers form a loop at the end of the head pin so that it can dangle from the necklace chain. Add a jump ring to the loop you just made.
– Create the second bead dangle: Take a head pin and add a blue bead to it. Then add the silver spacer bead. Cut the head pin so that there is 1/2 inch sticking out from the silver spacer bead. Form a loop at the end of the head pin so that it can dangle from the necklace. Add a jump ring to the loop you just made.
– Add a jump ring to the charm. Attach the charm to the necklace by hanging it by the jump ring.
– Add the bead dangles to the necklace.
That’s it! You are done!
Isn’t it adorable? I love it!
Hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial and are inspired to make your own DIY charm necklace!
You may also like:
Painted Confetti Pattern Bowl – DIY Decor Hack
My Favorite Things – Gift Guide for Her