If your office needs a little to be desired for storage and organization – like mine! – you’ll love this easy DIY cable storage box organizer!! Not only is this a quick and easy project to make for your office but you could also make this gorgeous box to store your jewelry in your bedroom, your makeup in your bathroom, organize kids desk and art supplies, or a catch-all box for your foyer and kitchen!
I don’t know about you but I have a ton of electronic device cables that I’m always trying to find! Cables for our laptops, ipads, iphones and cameras…Let’s get them organized once and for all with this easy DIY Cable Storage Box Organizer that not only stores them all in one place but looks so pretty too! (affiliate links added for your convenience)
- Wood Box
- Wood filler
- Sandpaper 220 grit
- Foam Brush
- DecoArt Americana Multisurface Acrylic Paint in Overcast
- DecoArt Americana Multisurface Acrylic Paint in Cotton ball
- Stencil – I used a Greek Key pattern
- Painters tape
- 1 inch flat artist brush
Tutorial to Make this DIY Cable Storage Box
- Remove the front metal latch from box with the screwdriver. Fill the holes from the latch with wood filler. Let dry then sand smooth with 220 grit sandpaper.
- Using the foam brush paint on 1 or 2 coats of Overcast paint. I used one coat of paint to let the wood grain peek through. Let dry between coats.
- Attach stencil to top of box using painters tape to secure.
- Using 1 inch flat artist brush, pounce on the Cottonball paint color onto the stencil.
- Remove stencil and let paint dry.
- Using 220 grit sandpaper, sand the stencil pattern for a faded distressed look.
I love how stylish this Storage Box Organizer looks in my office!
Now I know where all of my electronic device cables are located…. in one beautiful storage box!
Don’t forget to pin this DIY Cable Storage Box Organizer Project to your DIY or Organization Pinterest Board!
You may also like these other storage and organization posts!
10 Budget Friendly & Creative Kitchen Organization Ideas
Organize your Freezer! Five Easy Freezer Organizer Ideas
DIY Pallet Potting Bench to store your potting and gardening tools and supplies!
Stephanie R says
This turned out really great! I need something like this for my house, we have cords coming out of our ears!
Kristi Murphy says
OMG! Love this idea!!
I’m glad you like it Kristi!! Thanks for visiting – have a great week!