Hello friends! Today I’m sharing a moist and delicious recipe for banana bread that I whipped up this weekend! It’s full of yummy banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, dried apple slices and pecans (you can leave those out if you don’t like nuts!). I’m always trying to tweak my banana bread recipes since we always have a few ripe bananas laying around! This recipe is so quick and easy to make! Delicious with a cup of coffee or tea for a mid day snack… or as an after school snack for the kids with a cold glass of milk! Mmmm!
Instead of using a single loaf pan I made this recipe in a mini loaf pan to make 8 miniature loaves- more golden brown crust to nibble on! Yum!
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
Banana Bread with a hint of Maple Syrup
This banana nut bread is so delicious – the little bits of dried apple adds to the flavor!
Banana Bread With A Hint Of Maple Syrup
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup dried apple rings cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or other types of nuts
- Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl beat sugar and shortening until combined. Add eggs one at a time and the maple syrup beating till smooth. Add flour mixture and banana alternately to creamed mixture. Beat smooth after each addition. Add dried apple and nuts.
- Add batter to lightly greased mini loaf pan. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I hope you enjoy every delicious bite of this Banana Bread recipe!
Looking for the mini loaf pan I used? You can find it here! It makes 8 mini loaves!
Don’t forget to pin this to your recipe board!
You may also like: