Just in time for the holidays I’m sharing a yummy bread pudding recipe here today! This bread pudding recipe is loaded with crunchy nuts and creamy caramel sauce and is the perfect dessert idea for holiday and family dinners! Bonus: you can make this up ahead, refrigerate, then pop it in the oven to cook before mealtime!
Have you heard about the new dairy and soy free milk flavour from Silk? It’s creamy Cashew and it’s delicious! Silk Creamy Cashew is a yummy dairy, gluten and soy-free drink made from cashews that has 33% fewer calories than skim milk and no cholesterol! How healthy is that?! I love how low calorie skim milk is and this having 33% less calories will really help the waistline!
This Silk cashew drink is yummy on its own (it has a creamy,very slight nutty cashew flavour that is really tasty!) and great for making smoothies and desserts!
I’m a big fan of nuts and bread pudding so I combined the two into this holiday treat:
Hazelnut, Cashew and Pecan Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce:
Hazelnut , Cashew and Pecan Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups Silk Cashew
- 4 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1 pound loaf of whole grain bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup each chopped pecans hazelnuts and cashews
- Prepared Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together Silk, eggs, sugar, spices, salt, nuts and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in bread cubes and coat evenly.
- Spoon mixture into pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 8 - 24 hours.
- Cover pan with tin foil and place on cookie sheet and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 40 minutes or until middle is no longer runny.
- Spoon into dishes and serve warm.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top of each serving.
I hope you’ll like this dessert recipe – my family loves it!
Follow along with Silk on Facebook to see more delicious recipes!
p.s. Find some other great recipe ideas on my Recipes board!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.