Setting for Four’s Top Ten Decorating & DIY Tips of 2016 – See my TOP TEN tips and advice to decorate and DIY your home in style! Including color ideas, design & decor tips and homemaking tips too. Plus see 33 creative bloggers top ten posts from the past year. This is an AMAZING resource to get inspired with fresh new ideas for 2017!
Don’t forget to enter my Reader Appreciation Giveaway : Open to USA and Canada! Leave a comment on any of my posts for a chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
I want to give each and everyone of you a huge thank you and big hug for being a part of Setting for Four and a part of my online family this past year! I have absolutely enjoyed your beautiful comments, your support and friendship…and I can’t wait to show you all the fun ideas I have planned for 2017!
Looking back, 2016 was certainly a year full of fun surprises and exciting opportunities…and a couple of stressful challenges too!
The not so fun challenges were that my computer crashed…TWO times (!!) and I lost all of my images and data both times….it’s a long story which I’ll post about soon. Now I have some systems in place where that won’t happen again. It cost a lot of money to have my data recovered – thankfully it was recovered! Plus it was just super stressful!
The fun surprises? I was selected as a trend scout for AmericasMart Atlanta to report on the design trends for 2016, I attended the Better Homes and Gardens Stylemaker event in New York City and I was featured in the November issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine! All complete pinch-me moments!
I’m so looking forward to 2017 – to share with you my kitchen makeover and I’m looking forward to finishing a few other rooms in our home – our master bedroom, my craft room and our basement! So stay tuned – I’ll keep you posted on my decor ideas and how-to tips!
Today I’m joining 33 talented bloggers who are also sharing their ‘best of the best’ ideas. A big thank you to Cami at TIDBITS for putting this together! Thank you Cami for inviting me.
Make sure to visit the blogs at the end of this post to see all the fabulous top ten ideas!
Now let’s take a look at the posts that were the best of 2016 on Setting for Four. Starting with #10 and ending with my #1 post!
Setting for Four’s Top Ten Decorating and DIY Tips of 2016
10. Guest Room Refresh – This bedroom used to be a nasty yellowy beige color, a really boring room filled with mismatched pieces of furniture and blank walls…. not a room that was welcoming to guests at all!
I painted the walls my favorite gray paint color and added a STUNNING tufted, upholstered headboard (that’s so comfortable!), artwork and drapes to create an inviting getaway oasis! Sources for gray paint color, headboard, bedding, end tables, art, curtains and decor are included.
9. Soothing Bedroom Color Schemes – Looking for color inspiration to refresh your bedroom? See these 8 relaxing paint colors and color palettes to inspire sweet dreams! Includes blues, blush pink, greige, green, gray and classic black and white color ideas!
8. Deep Clean A Toilet In 4 Steps – See the 4 Steps I Use To Completely Deep Clean A Toilet From Top To Bottom And Ditch The Toilet Brush!
It’s Spring cleaning time and I’m sharing the solution I found for the number one cleaning chore I dread the most – cleaning our bathroom toilets! I’m a mom of two boys (enough said!) – check out how I ditched that icky toilet brush and replaced it with cleaning tips and tricks that clean a toilet from top to bottom.
7. 12 Stylish Porch, Deck and Patio Decor Ideas – Looking for new ideas to makeover and refresh your outdoor living areas? Need some furniture layout ideas and decorating tips?
Maybe you just need a small refresh or a bigger re-do! Check out these 12 Stylish Outdoor Porch, Deck and Patio Decor Ideas:
6. Top Paint Colors of the Year 2016 – see the top paint companies choices and popular color picks of the year!
Here are all of the hot new color trends plus amazing inspiration for your next DIY Decor paint project! Color your home in style!
5. Interior Design Advice: Do’s and Don’ts Every Beginner Should Know – If you’re new to interior design and decor it’s common to feel overwhelmed, unsure and confused – especially when it comes to making the right decisions for your rooms.
There are so many choices today in styles, colors and materials… it can be really hard to know what will work and won’t work in your space!
See the fundamentals of interior design, different decorating styles and the Do’s and Don’ts you should know:
4. Make Faux Coral Inspired by Pottery Barn – See how you can make this fast and fabulous 10 minute decor idea for your home!
DIY Faux Coral inspired by Pottery Barn. Supply list, tutorial and styling ideas included:
3. 10 Things to Never Put In a Dishwasher – Dishwashers are an amazing convenience but did you know that there are many items that can get completely damaged in a dishwasher?
Let’s take a look at these need-to-know cleaning tips: the 10 things you should never put in a dishwasher and the reasons why!
2. 5 Decorating Mistakes That Make Your Home Look Cluttered – Eeek! You could be making big decorating mistakes right now that are making your home look cluttered and messy!
See how you can avoid making them with these 5 useful decor tips and examples of rooms that show you just how these mistakes can be corrected!
1. Sherwin Williams Poised Taupe: Color of the Year 2017 – Looking for a paint color to paint your next room? See why I love Poised Taupe Sherwin Williams Color of the Year 2017 and how it looks in real rooms!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my Top Ten Decorating and DIY Tips of 2016!
Which one is your favorite?
Now it’s time to grab a cup of coffee and visit these 33 creative bloggers TOP TEN posts for more fabulous home, DIY and decor inspiration!
Instant DIY Pure Vanilla Extract by TIDBITS | Farmhouse Breakfast Nook Reveal by Nina Hendrick Design Co | Real World Organizing: How to Keep Your House Tidy by The Happy Housie | How To Clean Your Home In 30 Minutes A Day by StoneGable | Modern Farmhouse Paint Colors by A Burst of Beautiful | Summer Tour of my New House by So Much Better With Age
Before and After at our House by Zevy Joy | How to Build Industrial Shelves by Beneath My Heart | Is the Family Room Your Shining Star? by Decor Gold Designs | My Fresh New Blue Kitchen Reveal by The Wicker House | How to Frame a Bathroom Mirror by Cherished Bliss | Dramatic Kitchen Renovation without Removing Cabinets by Designthusiasm
Why Won’t My Hydrangeas Bloom by Kelly Elko | Sherwin Williams Poised Taupe – Color of the Year 2017 by Setting for Four | How To Make A Farmhouse Mason Jar Chandelier by Shabbyfufu | U-Pick Apples Free Printable by Paint Me Pink | Christmas Home Tour 2016 by Town and Country Living | How to Organize Every Space in Your House by Just a Girl and Her Blog
Paint Color Home Tour by Maison de Pax | My Home Tour by Nesting with Grace | DIY Sign for Fall by House by Hoff | Floral Printable Birthday Gift Tags by Live Laugh Rowe | How to Build a No Sew Teepee by Julie Blanner | How To Design A Room You Love by Life On Virginia Street
How To Get A Beautifully Organized Closet On A Budget by Fox Hollow Cottage | Entryway Essentials by Lindsay Hill Interiors | Summer Home Tour by Migonis Home | 13 things to do before you list your home by Style House Interiors
Decorated Office/Craft Room by Sunny Side Up | Summer Home Tour 2016 by Finding Silver Pennies | How to make a tufted headboard by Place of My Taste | Tips and Tricks for an Organized Pantry by Not Just a Housewife | Back To School In Style by She Leaves a Little Sparkle
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.