Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it snow…. Snowball Cookies! This delicious holiday cookie recipe is buttery, sugar covered sweet and the perfect size to pop into your mouth! It’s a fabulous gift idea…I’m sharing a fun way to gift it too! These little snowballs are a fun Santa snack idea that your kiddos will love to set up on Christmas Eve!
Before I talk about these cookies – check out how you can get completely organized for the holidays with this gorgeous Ultimate Holiday Planner!
You won’t forget a place to be at, a card to send, a gift to get or groceries to buy with these 27 printable pages including:
Dated calendars, menu planners, gift tracker and Christmas organization! It’s saving my sanity this year prepping for the holidays!
We are expected to get 10 inches of snow the next two days so this Snowball Cookie recipe I’m sharing today is going to fit right into the winter snowstorm we are about to get here!
I found this adorable little snowflake pail at the Target dollar spot – it’s the perfect container to use if you give these as a holiday food gift! Wrap it all up in cellophane and you have one fun and yummy, quick DIY Christmas gift idea!
You can find similar snowflake party favor pails here.
….or fill this mini pail with Snowball Cookies for Santa’s Christmas Eve snack! He’ll love these yummy little snowballs with his glass of milk don’t you think?
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt until dough comes together.
- If dough is too soft chill so that it can be worked with your hands.
- Scoop 1 tbsp balls of dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool several minutes.
- Fill small bowl with powdered sugar.
- While still warm, roll each cookie ball until covered with powdered sugar.
- Place on rack to cool.
- Roll again in powdered sugar if required.
Be sure to visit the other talented bloggers joining in our Holiday Recipe hop today! You’ll find 3 more delicious recipes to make and pin for the holidays:
Snowball Cookies by Setting for Four
Festive Pomegranate Mojitos by Satori Design for Living
Gingerbread Cookie Decorations by Kitchen Simplicity
Baked Goat Cheese & Bacon Spinach Dip by A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
Looking for more Holiday Recipe inspiration? Check out my Chocolate Toffee Bark Candy Recipe :
…and if you’re in the mood see my Christmas Home tour!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.