DIY Thrift Store Tray Makeover – how to give a brown wooden tray a fresh white update with paint and add a vintage French label accent with a Sharpie marker. Easy DIY home decor project and gift idea.
I picked up a wooden tray at Goodwill a few weeks ago that was screaming for a major makeover.
I knew it had lots of potential…..here it is after a touch of French appeal!
French Label Goodwill Tray Makeover
Primer spray paint in Bright White
Black and white photocopy of French Chocolate Cacao Label Graphic – Graphics Fairy
– Lightly sand the tray to remove varnish. Wipe off any dust.
– Spray entire tray top and bottom with white spray paint primer. Let dry.
– Spray entire tray with 2 coats of white satin paint. Let dry.
– On the blank side of the French graphic photocopy, with the pencil, shade the paper ( in the area where the graphic is) to make a transfer.
– Center the photocopy onto the tray so that the pencil shaded side is lying on top of tray surface and the black and white graphic is facing towards you. Secure with low tack painter’s tape.
– Using the pencil, outline the lines and letters of the graphic. This will cause the pencil shading on the back of the photocopy to be transferred onto the tray! Now you have the graphic outlined in pencil on the tray.
– Using the black Sharpie marker fill in the letters and lines onto the tray.
Ta da! Finished! Doesn’t it look fantastic?
I love this little tray…..I think it would be perfect for my hubby or boys to serve me breakfast in bed 😉 Ohh to dream!!
I hope you enjoyed this DIY French Label Goodwill Tray Makeover project!
You may also like:
Paint a Tray with Grey Wash Finish