Learn how to make this easy DIY peony wreath for summer in under 30 Minutes! No floral wire or hot glue required! Decorate your front door with this beautiful summer wreath as a welcoming touch to your home!
Here’s the sources for everything in my Summer front porch! Click on the images below to see more about each item!
I’m so excited friends! Today’s post is part of a huge blog hop where you can find 24 new, gorgeous DIY summer wreaths to make for your home! The DIY wreaths are listed at the end of this post.
I get it! You’re busy! Crazy busy! But you also love to decorate and love to add a personal touch to your home!
If you’re looking for easy summer front porch decor ideas then this post is for YOU!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase after following a link I may receive, at no cost to you, a commission on the sale. Funds from affiliates help pay for web hosting, domain registration, email delivery, and other fees to keep settingforfour.com up and running. Thanks for your support!
PLEASE PIN THIS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
A DIY Summer Wreath for the Front Door
The first spot I LOVE to decorate for summer is my front porch and door! For me that means adding a BIG welcoming wreath that brings in the cheer of summer flowers and greenery!
This past Spring I hung a huge oversized faux boxwood wreath on my door – love it!
This summer I’m all about peonies….white peonies!
Choosing The Color Palette For This DIY Peony Wreath
White is a big element of my home’s color scheme and I love the fresh, bright feeling it gives my home.
From picking paint colors to selecting decor accents I love using white as a neutral and for contrast to make my accent colors pop!
I’ve even painted my fireplace tile white, painted our bedroom SW Pure White and remodeled our kitchen to reface the brown-orange colored wood cabinets with white. That’s how much I love using white in my home! 🙂
(and white can be used with kids and pets – check out how I stain proof my upholstery!)
Adding this large white DIY peony wreath to our front door adds impact and drama.
- floral wreath or greenery wreath like this. I bought my cherry blossom and greenery wreath on sale at HomeGoods.
- faux peony bush – I used one of these. You can also find faux peony bushes in white and other colors here
- wire pliers
- Wreath hanger or command hook
How to Make An Easy DIY Peony Wreath
- Using the wire pliers separate all the stems from the faux peony bush, cutting the stem as long as you can.
- Place all the peony stems on the wreath just to get the placement idea. You can place them evenly spaced or place them so that you have two or three peonies in groupings.
- Take each peony stem and poke the end of the stem into the twig base of the wreath and gently wiggle it in until the peony stem is completely tucked into the wreath. Tuck the stem into the twig wreath so that it’s completely in the twig base (to secure it). Don’t have the stem hanging out the back of the wreath. There’s no need to glue or use floral wire unless you want that added more security or if you live in a high wind area.
- Continue until all the peony stems have been inserted into the wreath.
- Fluff your wreath! Pull some of the other flowers and leaves around until your wreath looks ‘natural’ with some of the peony flowers tucked behind leaves and some in front.
- Hang your wreath and enjoy! Sometimes I use a wreath hanger and sometimes I use this command hook to hang my wreath on our glass panel door.
This DIY wreath is perfect for the front door or in the kitchen! Make some smaller versions and add them to the backs of dining chairs like I did here!
What I love about this decor project is that it’s a DIY wreath for all seasons! With a slight twist it can be used all year round!
Add some faux ferns and pussy willow branches to it to turn it into a gorgeous DIY wreath for Spring!
A few fall leaves and branches will give this wreath an autumn vibe!
Tuck in some gold and silver ornaments and faux pine and you have a welcoming wreath for Christmas!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial to make a peony wreath for summer!
More summery ideas:
Today I’m joined by a fabulous group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Summer DIY Wreath Ideas as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Summer Series.
Click on the links below their wreath design to see exactly how they made it…
You may also like: