BEAUTIFUL AND COZY DIY HOME DECOR IDEA! Learn how to make this DIY Sweater Pillow with button closure and xoxo message! See the tutorial instructions and supply list.
DIY Sweater Pillow
DIY Sweater Pillow Supplies:
- Cable Knit Sweater
- Pillow form
- Buttons (I used grey and white buttons)
- White felt
- Embroidery thread – I used pink and blue
Handmade Sweater Pillow Instructions:
1. Cut out two rectangles from the sweater that are 2 inches wider and 2 inches longer than the pillow form.
2. Pin the two sweater pieces with right sides together.
3. Sew three sides together with a 1” hem, leaving one of the ends open to insert the pillow form.
4. Turn the sweater pillow cover right side out and insert the pillow form.
5. Sew on 5 buttons to the open end to secure.
6. Cut a heart shape from the felt.
7. Sew felt heart to the middle front of pillow using the embroidery thread & using a running stitch.
8. Add buttons as desired.
9. Embroider any message you’d like to felt heart using embroidery thread. I added an ‘Xo Xo’ message!
I don’t know what took me so long to make a sweater pillow – because not only was it easy to make but I think it’s super adorable!
I hope you enjoyed my DIY Heart Sweater Pillow Tutorial today! Try it! It’s so easy to make!
See 8 fabulous Valentine’s DIY’s, crafts, decor ideas and recipes:
Maryann at Domestically Speaking
Angelina at JoJo and Eloise
Debbie at Debbiedoo’s
Heather at Setting for Four
Mary Beth at Cupcakes and Crinoline
Jennifer at Town and Country Living
Kim at Sand and Sisal
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
You may also like:
See all my gift guides here!