affiliate links are included for your shopping convenience
DIY Beaded Sunburst Mirror Supply List:
Click on the links below to see more about each item!
- 12 inch craft ring
- 5 inch round mirror or use a larger mirror
- Crystal rondelle beads – I used grey color
- 14mm shell beads
- elastic beading cord
- 10 inch ceiling medallion
- 2 sheets of Scrapbook Paper
- Hot glue gun
- 1 sheet white printer paper
- Command strips to hang the mirror
DIY Beaded Sunburst Mirror Tutorial:
- With the white printer paper make two templates for your sunburst rays.
Make one large template and one smaller template. I just eyeballed the width and shape I wanted. The large one is 4 inches long and the small one is 3 inches long.
3. Using the templates, trace them onto the scrapbook paper to create several large and small rays. Just trace around the outside edge of each template.
For double sided scrapbook paper – use both the back and front of the scrapbook paper to alternate the colors/patterns.
4. Cut out each sunburst ray. ( I made 20 large rays and 20 small rays).
5. Fold each paper ray lengthwise to give each ray some dimension so they do not lay flat. You can see what I mean in the picture below and in the first picture in this post.
6. Lay each ray around the ceiling medallion, in the manner you like, alternating small ones with the large ones, so you get an idea of how many to make.