This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine.
Healthy Apple Cranberry Make-Ahead Icebox Cookies with fiber rich chopped dried apple and naturally sweet cranberries: Craving sweets but trying to lose weight? Get healthy and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time by baking with egg whites!
The past few weeks I’ve been on a mission to eat healthier to manage my weight and lose a few pounds! Yep – no more excuses, I’m getting serious! I overate during the holidays and wasn’t very active….. and boom! Several pounds crept up on me! So I’ve been riding our stationary bike, doing planks and lunges and making better food choices for my meals… but one thing I really struggle with is my sweet tooth! This girl here has a big one and it’s so hard for me to pass on dessert or the odd afternoon snack! Do you find it hard too?
I’ve been searching the web and Pinterest for healthy snacks and desserts to help me avoid sugar binges while I cut back on unhealthy calories and I found the most amazing cookie recipe that is healthy, nutritious and so delicious!
Want to know what it is?? Yes you do!! Healthy Make-Ahead Apple Cranberry Icebox Cookies! These are the triple threat of all amazing cookies: A. They are healthy: made with AllWhites Egg Whites and whole wheat flour B. They are delicious with naturally sweet chopped dried apple and dried cranberries and C. They can be made ahead and frozen so I can whip up a batch even when I’m short on time! Which is always- ha!!
This truly is a cookie you can enjoy without the guilt!
Did you know that AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites is a convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie alternative to regular eggs? It’s ideal when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle – they are 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk and full of lean protein. They can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs.
Cookies will never be diet food, but they can be relatively healthy…especially when using whole-grain flour, cutting back on the sugar and adding fiber-rich dried fruit.
This cookie is so tasty no one will guess that they’re also better for you! So go ahead – get healthy and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time!
And my friends at AllWhites are helping you manage your weight and your wallet with $0.50 Off AllWhites Egg Whites coupons here too!!
Find AllWhites in the refrigerated dairy section.
Recipe for Healthy Make-Ahead Apple Cranberry Icebox Cookies
- 1/4 cup 50/50 butter blend, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup dried apples finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- - In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Beat in AllWhites®. Add flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Add apples and cranberries.
- - On waxed paper, shape dough into a 10-inch log. Wrap tightly in paper and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- - Heat oven to 350°F. With sharp knife cut log into 36 (1/4-inch) slices. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet immediately; cool completely on wire rack.