I love decorating for the holidays!
Even the kitchen!
Check out this easy Dollar Store Christmas Centerpiece I made for my kitchen table (see how I added limes to give it a ‘kitchen’ vibe!:
DIY Christmas Centerpiece
Here’s the tutorial!
White plate (Dollar Store)
Battery operated miniature lights (Dollar Store)
Batteries (Dollar Store)
Sparkly Christmas décor picks (Dollar Store, I used two champagne colored picks; one is an sparkly pine ‘branch’ and one is a sparkly leaf ‘branch’)
Artificial Wreath (had on hand)
Wire (had on hand)
Pillar candle (had on hand)
Candle holder (had on hand)
Hot Glue Gun
- Insert batteries into lights. Wrap lights evenly around wreath, hiding battery compartment at the back of the wreath. Secure battery compartment onto wreath with wire: Cut a 10 inch piece of wire and wrap around battery compartment and wreath to secure.
- Cut each decorative pick into smaller pieces.
- Glue ends of picks around wreath, using hot glue gun. I divided my artificial branches into 3 groups and glued them on evenly around the wreath.
- Cut a 10 inch piece of wire for each lime and fold in half. At the half way point wrap wire around end of toothpick leaving 4-5 inches of wire at ends.
- Insert opposite end of toothpick into lime, securing firmly.
- Wrap wire around wreath to secure toothpick and limes, hiding ends of the wire.
- Set wreath on plate.
- Place pillar candle on candle holder and place on the plate in the middle of the wreath.
~ ~ ~
Do you decorate your kitchen for Christmas?
* * * *
(Psst…don’t forget to get your FREE Christmas Recipe Ebook download this is a free thank you to all my readers, thank you for your all your sweet comments and support!)
…and my Christmas Home Tours:
Linking up to:
~ ~ ~ ~
Have you just discovered Setting for Four?
If so, I’d love for you to follow me by email so you never miss an update! Click below!
~ ~ ~ ~
* Thank you SO much for coming by for a visit! I love to hear all of your comments! *
Written by Heather at Setting for Four
Setting for Four is a design, décor and lifestyle blog where you will find craft and DIY tutorials, recipes, and family friendly design and decorating ideas that won't break the bank or sacrifice style.
You can find Setting for Four on Google+